Electronic Security Home safe Instruction Manual(RP23ESA)
Opening the Safe with the Backup Key
Upon first receipt of the safe, or either the electronic circuit malfunction or codes unknown. You could also use the backup key to open the safe.
- Remove the cover of the backup lock.
- Insert the backup key, turn it counterclockwise, then turn the knob clockwise to open the door.
- Open the battery cover and insert 4 AA alkaline batteries (not included) into the battery compartment. Note that payattention to the “+” and “-” The “-” end of the batteries go against the spring inside of the compartment.
- When the batteries are inserted correctly, the indicator light will light up green once with one beep.
- Place the battery cover, you are now ready to program your safe.
IMPORTANT:Use the NEW AA alkaline battery. Using other batteries may cause unusable conditions. New batteries can not be used with old batteries together.
Master Code Programming
First time users should change the default code as soon as possible to prevent unauthorized access to your safe, so it should be kept confidential.
- Enter default code 1-5-9 on the keypad then press confirming button“√” to open your safe.
- With the safe open, press the "Program Button”once and release it, the green light will light up once with the one beep.
- Enter your NEW master code. Your code can be a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 8 digits.
- Press the confirming button“√” once and release it, the green light will light up twice with the double beeps. This tone confirms that the password has been reset.
- Now test the code. If you make a mistake and the new code will not work (the red light will light up thrice with three beeps if the incorrect entry is made.), simply start over with step 2.
TIP: Code Requirements
- After enter your password please press confirming button"√" to open safe. The red light will light up thrice with three beeps if the incorrect entry is made.
- For your security, the red light will light up five times with five beeps if 3 incorrect entries are made,and the safe will time out and sleep for one minute.
- And the safe will time out and sleep again for another five minutes if 1 more incorrect entries are made. The safe can still be opened by using the backup keys.
- Programming a new code will overwrite your previous code.
- Please reset your password after every time you change the batteries.
Silence Mode Setting
To silence the audible sound of the electronics, press the “Voice Button” one time, the green light will light up once. To turn the sound back on repeat the above step.
Low Battery Warning
If the yellow light will light up twice with 2 beeps when opening the safe by electronic way, your battery level is critically low and your safe needs to be replaced the 4 new batteries.
IMPROTANT:Use the NEW AA alkaline battery. Using other batteries may cause unusable conditions.
Locking the Safe
Turn the knob counter clockwise to close the door.
Securing Your Safe
There are some mounting screws included to mount your RPNB® safe to a flat surface using the pre-drilled holes on the bottom.
Using the Mounting Screws
TIP: Make sure you have enough clearance for the lid to open properly before mounting the safe.
- Position the safe on a flat surface where you want to mount it.
- Use a pencil to mark the holes for drilling.
- Drill pilot holes.
- Position safe in place and install screws through safe into pilot holes. Tighten screws.
Use the expansion bolt when there is a concrete wall surface. Use the clamping screw when there is a wooden wall surface.