Digital Portable Vault Instruction Manual (RP1136)
- To get started, insert one of your backup keys into the keyhole at the top of the safe. Push key in and rotate the key 30 degrees counterclockwise to open the safe.
- Remove crate foam insert. Locate the battery compartment door on the inside of the safe directly below the keypad.
- Open the battery cover and insert the 4 AAA alkaline batteries (not included) into the battery compartment. Note that pay attention to the “+” and “-“ The “-“ end of the batteries go against the spring inside of the compartment.
- When the batteries are inserted correctly you will hear a short beep once and the keypad will light up.
- Once you hear the beep and see the keypad light up, place the batteries cover. You are now ready to program your safe.
IMPORTANT：Your RPNB® safe will automatically lock when you fully close the lid.
Master Code Programming
First time users should change the default code as soon as possible to prevent unauthorized access to your safe, the code should be kept confidential.
TIP: Code Requirements
- Your code can be a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 8 digits.
- For your security, the safe will time out and sleep for 5 minutes if 3 incorrect entries are made.
- Two keys cannot be pressed simultaneously.
- Programming a new code will overwrite your previous code.
- To silence the audible sound of the electronics, press the“ ”button for 3 seconds, all keys(1-3) will light up once with one beep and let go. To turn the sound back on repeat the above steps.
- Enter default code 1-2-3 on the keypad to open your safe.
- With the safe open, press and hold the "PROGRAM" button by using button tool (2 seconds) and let go, all keys (1-3) will light up twice with the double beeps.
- Enter your NEW master code.
- Press and hold the "PROGRAM" button by using button tool a second time (2 seconds) and let go, all keys (1-3) will light up 2 times with the double beeps. This tone confirms that the password has been reset.
- Now test the code. If you made a mistake, all keys (1-3) will blink green&blue 3times and the new code will not work, simply start over with step 2.
Key Fob Programming
- Open the safe.
- Program 1st key fob by using button tool pressing the “PROGRAM” button (2 seconds) and let go, all keys (1-3) will light up twice with the double beeps.
- Place the key fob over the keypad approximately 1/4" from the surface for the scan. When the safe beeps and the keypad lights up remove your key fob.
- Press and hold the "PROGRAM" button by using button tool again (2 seconds) and let go, all keys (1-3) will light up 4 times with 4 beeps. This tone confirms that the key fob has been reset.
- Now test the key fob. If you made a mistake, all keys (1-3) will blink green&blue 3 times and the new key fob will not work, simply start over with step 2.
Before using the key fob, you must press anyone of “1,2,3” button at first, then place your key fob over the RFID induction zone to open the safe.
Deleting Key Fobs
- Open the safe.
- Press and hold the "PROGRAM" button by using button tool (5-8 seconds)and let go, all keys (1-3) will blink green&blue twice with the double beeps and let go.
- Now test the key fob. If you made a mistake and the key fob will work, simply start over with step 2.
TIP: This procedure will not affect the keypad master code. Keypad master code can not be deleted on the safe.
Low Battery Warning
If the indicator light will light up blue and green simultaneously when opening the safe, your battery level is critically low and your safe needs to be replaced the 4 new batteries.
Use the NEW AAA alkaline battery.
Mixing batteries may cause device to become unusable.
Securing Your Safe
Your RPNB® safe can be secured a few different ways. Included is a security cable to attach your safe to larger stationary objects.
Using the Security Cable
- Loop the security cable around a secured object.
- Run the end of the cable through the eye of the other end and pull tight around the object.
- Place the end of the security cable inside the fully enclosed cable mount inside your RPNB safe as shown in.
- Make sure the safe closes with the cable secured inside the cable mount.
Using the Mounting Screws
TIP: Make sure you have enough clearance for the lid to open properly before mounting the safe.
- Position the safe on a flat surface where you want to mount it.
- Use a pencil to mark the holes for drilling.
- Drill pilot holes.
- Position safe in place and install screws through safe into pilot holes. Tighten screws.
Mounting the safe vertically so that the door flips upward will result in incomplete opening of the safe due to weight. The door will open if the safe is mounted vertically so that door opens down or to side.