Desk Mounted Firearm Safety Device Instruction Manual (RP311F)
- To get started, insert one of your backup keys into the keyhole at the front of the safe. Push key in and turn it counterclockwise to open the safe.
- Locate the battery compartment door on the inside of the safe directly behind the keypad.
- Open the battery cover and insert the 4 AAA alkaline batteries(not included) into the battery compartment. Note that pay attention to the “+” and “-”
- The “-”end of the batteries go against the spring inside of the compartment.
- Repeat above steps for battery replacement.
- Always insert batteries correctly with regard to polarity (+ and–) as marked on the battery and the product.
- Exhausted batteries should be immediately removed from product and properly disposed.
IMPORTANT: Your RPNB® safe will automatically lock when you fully close the lid.
Master Code Programming
First time users should change the default code as soon as possible to prevent unauthorized access to your safe, so it should be kept confidential.
- Enter default code 1-2-3-4 on the keypad to open your safe.
- With the safe open, press and hold the "PROGRAM" button (3 seconds), all keys(1-4) will flash blue two times with the double beeps.
- Enter your NEW master code. Press(not hold) the "PROGRAM" button (1 second) and release it to confirm, all keys will flash blue two times with the double beeps. This tone confirms that the password has been reset.
- If all keys flash red five times with five beeps, it means the safe failed to set the new master code, simply start over with step 2.
TIPS: Code Requirements
- Your code can be a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 6 digits. Two keys cannot be pressed simultaneously.
- Programming a new code will overwrite your previous code.
- When you go into confirm password mode, attention please just press(not hold) the "PROGRAM" button "1" second and let it go(Don't press for too long).
IMPORTANT: Please keep your new master code in a safe place.
If the wrong code or fingerprint is entered five consecutive times, the safe will go into a lock-down mode for five minutes. During this time the buttons will flash red when pressing any buttons and the keypad will be temporarily disabled. The safe can sill be opened using the backup keys override. After five minutes, the safe will automatically resume normal operation.
To register your fingerprint, locate the “Program” button.
- Press and hold the program button(3 seconds) until all keys flash blue two times with the double beeps.
- Press your finger on the biometric scanner. Removeyour finger when you hear one beep. Then press the same finger on the scanner, remove finger when you hear double beeps and see two blue flashed.
- Now your fingerprint has been successfully registered.
- If all keys flash red 5 times with 5 beeps, it means registration has failed and you must repeat the above steps.
Note: You cannot register more than 50 fingerprints. If the red light flashes 5 times with 5 beeps when you press the program button, it means the fingerprint storage capacity is full.
- Place your finger on the center of the scanner (this allows the scanner to read where most of the fingerprint detail is located).
- Adjust your finger slightly between scans for increased accuracy.
- Excessive moisture, lotions, or dirt will affect your fingerprint and may cause inaccurate sensor reading.
- If you are experiencing difficulty try different fingers. Each finger is unique and some fingers, such as your thumb, contain more readable information than others.
- To increase your success rate register the same fingerprint multiple times.
Delete the Registered Fingerprint
- Press and hold the program button.
- You will see all keys flash blue two times and hear double beeps.
- Keep holding the program button until you hear another double beeps with two blue flashes, then release it.
- Now all registered fingerprints are erased.
IMPORTANT: When only flash two times with double beeps, do not let go. You must hold the program button until the keys flash twice again with another double beeps, then release it.
Low Battery Warning
If all keys will light up yellow 6 times with 6 times beeps when opening the safe by electronic way, your battery level is critically low and your safe needs to be replaced the 4 new batteries.
Silence Mode Setting
To silence the audible sound of the electronics, hold the “1” button for 3 seconds until all the buttons flash blue once together. To unmute the keys, repeat this step.
Mounting Your Safe
Use proper drilling tools and mounting hardware based on the type of surface you are mounting the safe onto. Supplied screws are intended to be used on wooden surfaces.
TIP: Make sure you have enough clearance for the lid to open properly before mounting the safe.
- Open the safe with the master code or backup keys.
- Unscrew the thumbscrews located on the inside of the safe.
- Remove the bracket by sliding it down and off the safe.
- Use the wall mounting holes on the side or top of the mounting bracket to mark the desired mounting location.
- Use appropriate mounting hardware to screw the bracket to desired location.
- Slide the safe onto the bracket mounting hook, fix the safe to the bracket with thumbscrews from inside the safe.
- Close the safe.
- The safe can be used now.
IMPORTANT: Do not let the safe door face the floor when you mounting the safe with the vertical direction to avoid your property from damage.