Multifunction Pistol Safe Instruction Manual (RP2002)
- To get started, insert one of your backup keys into the keyhole at the front of the safe. Push key in and rotate the key 30 degrees anticlockwise (LEFT) to open the safe.
- Locate the battery compartment door on the inside of the safe directly below the keypad.
- Open the battery cover and insert the 4 AA alkaline batteries (not included) into the battery compartment. Note that pay attention to the “+”and “-” The “-” end of the batteries go against the spring inside of the compartment.
- When the batteries are inserted correctly you will hear a short beep.
- Once you hear the beep, place the battery cover. You are now ready to program your safe.
Use the NEW AA alkaline battery. Using other batteries may cause unusable conditions.
Your RPNB® safe will automatically lock when you fully close the lid.
Master Code Programming
First time users should change the default code as soon as possible to prevent unauthorized access to your safe, so it should be kept confidential.
- Enter default code 1-2-3 on the keypad to open your safe.
- With the safe open, press and hold the "PROGRAM" button (3 seconds), the keypad will light up WHITE once with one beep.
- Enter your NEW master code.
- Press the "PROGRAM" button once and release it, the keypad will light up WHITE twice with the double beeps. This tone confirms that the password has been reset.
- Now test the code. If you make a mistake, the keypad will RED 5 with 5 beeps, and the new code will not work, simply start over with step 2.
TIP: Code Requirements
- Your code can be a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 digits. For your security, the safe will time out and sleep for five minutes if 5 incorrect entries are made. The safe can still be opened by using the backup keys override.
- Two keys cannot be pressed simultaneously.
- Programming a new code will overwrite your previous code.
To Register Your Fingerprint, Locate the “Program” Button.
- With the safe open, press and hold the“PROGRAM” button (3 seconds), the keypad will light up WHITE once with one beep.
- Using the helpful programming tips provided on page 5place your finger on the fingerprint scanner for the 1st of four scans. When the safe a short beep once and the keypad light up WHITE remove your finger. Place finger again over the scanner until the safe a short beep once and the keypad light up WHITE and lift. You will repeat this process until the keypad light up twice with the double beeps.
- Now your fingerprint has been successfully registered. Close door and test to see if the safe will open using your fingerprint. If you make a mistake and the new fingerprint will not work, you must repeat the above steps.
Helpful Programming TIPS :
- Place your finger on the center of the scanner (this allows the scanner to read where most of the fingerprint detail is located).
- Adjust your finger slightly between scans for increased accuracy.
- Excessive moisture, lotions, or dirt will affect your fingerprint and may cause inaccurate sensor reading.
- If you are experiencing difficulty try different fingers. Each finger is unique, and some fingers such as your thumb, contain more readable information than others.
- To increase your success rate, please register the same fingerprint multiple times.
- If all keys flash RED 5 times with 5 beeps, it means registration has failed and you must repeat the above steps.
- You cannot register more than 20 fingerprints. If the light flashes RED 5 times with 10 beeps when you register once your fingerprint, it means the fingerprint storage capacity is full.
Delete the Registered Fingerprint
- Press and hold the program button.
- You will see the light flash WHITE once and hear one beeps.
- Keep holding the program button until you hear another double beeps with two WHITE flashes, then release it. (The whole process will take 5-6 seconds.)
- Now all registered fingerprints are erased.
IMPORTANT : When only flash once with one beep, do not let go. You must hold the program button until the light flash twice with double beeps, then release it.
Silence Mode Setting
To silence the audible sound of the electronics, hold the “1” button for 3 seconds until you hear one beep and the light will flash once together. To unmute the keys, repeat this step.
Low Battery Warning
If the keypad light up WHITE once and then light up RED 10 times with 10 beeps when opening the safe by electronic way, your battery level is critically low and your safe needs to be replaced the 4 new batteries.
Securing Your Safe
There are some mounting screws included to mount your RPNB® safe to a flat surface using the pre-drilled holes on the bottom.
Using the Mounting Screws
TIP: Make sure you have enough clearance for the lid to open properly before mounting the safe.
- Position the safe on a flat surface where you want to mount it.
- Use a pencil to mark the holes for drilling.
- Drill pilot holes.
- Position safe in place and install screws through safe into pilot holes. Tighten screws.
IMPORTANT : Mounting the safe vertically so that the door flips upward will result in incomplete opening of the safe due to weight. The door will open if the safe is mounted vertically so that door opens down or to side.